Friday, May 21, 2010
Decorating the Nursery!!!!!
We finally decided on a "theme" for our baby girls nursery :) After lot's of shopping around and googling ideas we decided to go with a light pink and brown color scheme!
We took off work this whole week and istead of going away for a vacation we decided to have a "staycation" and work on projects around our home - Baby's nursery being at the top of the list!
I promised a few of you that I would post picstures of the preogress of the nursery - however we are far from complete - Basically we have only finished the painting and we bought the chair railing today and just got done painting that - as I'm typing this poor carl is fighting with a stud finder in the other room trying to prep the room so we can start hammering some chair rail in - and once thats complete it's time to move some furniture in the room...However Carl was so excited the other night at like 11pm that he decided he wanted to put the crib together LOL... so you will catch a glimpse of that in some of the picstures :) I will post more pics as we near completion!!!We are enjoying all the preparation that goes into becoming new parents and CANNOT wait for her to get here...time has flown by with this pregnancy.... and even with the severe aches and pains I feel so incredibly blessed to be a mother :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
CUTE! how fun for you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteSOOOOOOOOO ADORABLE!! :) I am so excited for you guys!!! :)
ReplyDeleteCareful painting! You don't want to breathe too much of that in. :( ick
ReplyDeleteYour crib is beautiful- It's going to look so gorgeous when you're all done! :D What a lucky little girl to have you two for parents. :)
Love that color combination. Can't wait to see the completion photos. Your little dogs are cute.
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!
ReplyDeleteYou're actually supposed to have on a paint mask Jodi! I know, I had to wear one while painting our bedroom when I was pregnant. I hated it. It made me hotter than I already was.
Have fun with all of the finishing touches!
Adorable!!
ReplyDeletelove pink and brown...my wedding colors! looken good you guys! good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!!! Tell Carl he doesnt have to find the studs for chair rail. I promise! We have done it a few times and in cement block homes where stud finders just dont work. We just use liquid nails and then a nail gun. Works like a charm!
ReplyDeleteThanks Girls!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe got the chair rail all done today and I will post pics in a bit to show the difference :)
As for the paint..I actually found a low odor formula paint that barely had a smell - but yes a mask would have been smart ;) I live life on the edge LOL j/k!